Dog Trainers Australia (DTA)
Australia’s leading private training provider to the dog training industry.
It is a division of award winning Command Dog Training School (Vic.) Pty Ltd.
The Training Director Basil Theofanides is a Nationally Accredited Trainer & Assessor by the Official Government Accreditation Authority.
All graduates of the CIC (Certified Instructor Course) program may apply in writing for a licence to use the Dog Trainers Australia logo on their advertising material subject to terms & conditions.
- Provide Certified Instructor Courses (CIC) Dog Training & Behaviour for members of the public
- Provide Canine Management Workshops for Animal Management Officers
- Provide OH&S workshops related to safe canine management
- Provide better education for all trainers & instructors
- Develop & implement Computer Data Base Management Systems specific to the dog training industry
- Assess for Quality Assurance Accreditation (QA) to the dog training industry
- Liaise with government on the development of codes of practice for dog trainers & dog training establishments
- Provide structured competency based training for student trainers
- Provide opportunities for people to learn through understanding the art of professional dog training
- Provide access to foreign students to study at Dog Trainers Australia to become Certified Instructors and trainers
- Encourage, promote & provide better training practices
- Educate & train people to understand dogs & their behaviour
- Promote the benefits of the Eclectic Training method and discourage harsh methods of training