Dog Trainers Australia (DTA)
Australia’s leading private training provider to the dog training industry.
It is a division of award winning Command Dog Training School (Vic.) Pty Ltd.
The Training Director Basil Theofanides is a Nationally Accredited Trainer & Assessor by the Official Government Accreditation Authority.
The CIC program is a Victoria State Government Approved Program under the the Domestic Animal Regulations 2015 (DAR) 52 (8) and administered through the Australian Association of Professional Dog Trainers Inc (AAPDT). The program is delivered by Dog Trainers Australia.
All graduates of the CIC (Certified Instructor Course) program may apply in writing for a licence to use the Dog Trainers Australia logo on their advertising material subject to terms & conditions.
- Provide Certified Instructor Courses (CIC) Dog Training & Behaviour for members of the public
- Provide Canine Management Workshops for Animal Management Officers
- Provide OH&S workshops related to safe canine management
- Provide better education for all trainers & instructors
- Develop & implement Computer Data Base Management Systems specific to the dog training industry
- Assess for Quality Assurance Accreditation (QA) to the dog training industry
- Liaise with government on the development of codes of practice for dog trainers & dog training establishments
- Provide structured competency based training for student trainers
- Provide opportunities for people to learn through understanding the art of professional dog training
- Provide access to foreign students to study at Dog Trainers Australia to become Certified Instructors and trainers
- Encourage, promote & provide better training practices
- Educate & train people to understand dogs & their behaviour
- Promote the benefits of the Eclectic Training method and discourage harsh methods of training